· National Diploma or Degree in Operations, Business Management or related qualification.
· Have a minimum of 15 years’ management experience in an automotive manufacturing environment
· Have an in-depth knowledge of a Manufacturing environment preferably in the Automotive industry
· Experience in strategic business planning.
· Working knowledge of IATF16949, VDA6.1, ISO14001 standards and practices.
· Knowledge and experience in understanding financial concepts and principles (forecasting & financial analysis; EBITDA; Budgeting and costing).
· Knowledge and experience in lea lean manufacturing principles with a proven track record of implementation.
· Knowledge and experience in a fully integrated IT system (preferably SYSPRO).
· Overseeing daily business activities, improving overall business functions, training heads of departments, managing budgets, developing strategic plans, creating policies, and communicating business goals (KPI Management).
· Defining long-term strategic goals and developing clear plans to implement them
· Oversee implementation of business plan to address and contribute to key business goals whilst meeting financial and operational objectives.
· Oversee management of Production, Logistics, Quality, Maintenance, HR, and HSEE departments according to agreed KPI’s and plant priorities.
· Develop and maintain organisational structure to optimise effectiveness of people in various functions.
· Ensure adherence to statutory compliance; ISO & OEM system requirements to ensure that all customer requirements and internal processes are met.
· Control costs within budget parameters.
· Ensure and guide implementation of continuous improvement in the plant.
· Ensure successful program launches.
· Involvement in defining and steering corporate culture & employee relationships