· Bachelor's degree in engineering with a specialisation in purchasing.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in the same level of position in an industrial environment.
· Previous experience in a management role in a matrix organisation.
· Results oriented with strong written and oral communications skills.
· Ability to work in a matrixed organisation.
· Leadership and charisma. International mind set, overseas experience a plus.
· Oral and written communication & presentation skills
· Deploy within the Country purchasing strategy and panel construction
· Develop market intelligence and analysis
· Pilot supplier selection
· Develop and implement tools to improve local supplier productivity (LCC, e-sourcing, value analysis…)
· Contribute to commodity strategy
· Manage relationship / negotiation with suppliers
· Negotiate general agreements with the main supplier of assigned commodities
· Supervises supplier evaluation and evolution
· Pilot panel management
· Lead the supplier performance follow up
· Implement consistent supplier reduction plans
· Ensure that the strategic panel is implemented in the Development phase (Supplier Nomination Committee)
· Manage and drive purchasing productivity action plans, fix the rules of productivity sharing between the suppliers and client
· Consolidate and follow budget achievements
· Manage insolvencies of suppliers and steer corrective action plan
· Manage the assigned commodity buyer team.