· National Diploma OR BTech Mechanical or Electrical
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in a heavy industrial environment.
· Supervisory experience (artisans)
· A good understanding of Quality requirements in a Manufacturing environment.
· Must be able to work shifts when required
· Must be prepared to work well within a team.
· Must have a sound knowledge of automated manufacturing equipment.
· Implement concepts, plans, designs and proposals with regards to engineering solutions with particular reference to equipment, facilities, services, energy and processes.
· Functional Machines: Ensuring high equipment reliability and availability through delivery of engineering solutions, SAP / Shop Ware PM (planned maintenance, predictive maintenance, inspection and lubrication), Root Cause Analysis, Operator and Artisan development, Resourcing and Planning.
· Engineering Administration Processes that includes SAP purchase requisitions, quotation requests, SAP/Shop Ware PM, action plan prioritization (War Room), job card sign off, artisan daily equipment inspection and reports sign off and end of shift reports.
· Drawings: Able to interpret engineering, civil, flowcharts, P&ID and Gantt charts.
· Artisans: Provide specialist advice and co-ordination of artisan activities and manage performance (Artisans in team will report directly to Maintenance Supervisors).
· Cost Management: Through improvement initiatives and critical spares identification and management.
· Health, Safety and Environment: Ensuring compliance to OSHACT and Company Safety and Environmental Protocols.
· Projects: Co-ordination and participation in various projects relating to productivity, reliability improvements, energy, cost saving, expansion and processes.