· Qualified as a Chartered Accountant with SAICA or a Professional Accountant with SAIPA.
· Membership of Professional Body.
· 3 - 4 years’ post article experience in an accounting/auditing environment essential.
· Managerial experience would be advantageous.
· Registered SAICA Assessor advantageous
· Experience in performing independent reviews essential.
· Purpose of the role:
· -Independent reviews of companies that do not require audits
· -Compilation of financial statements of companies and close corporations
· -Compilation of financial statements of related entities (personal, trusts etc.)
· -To perform audit tasks and to manage the audit team and provide direction, supervision and review for each audit assignment.
· Duties and Responsibilities
• Compile annual financial statements for individuals, trusts, close corporations and companies, perform independent review and attend to all related administration requirements:
- Gather client information.
- Draft financial statements and provide accounting assistance where necessary.
- Prepare working paper files.
- Resolve review queries from Partner and do final entries as per Partner’s finalization.
• Provide accounting assistance and pass adjusting entries to bring accounting records to level where financial statements can be prepared in accordance with the relevant accounting framework.
• Process and reconcile annual transactions from source documents.
• Calculate and account for income tax and deferred tax.
• Prepare tax computations for individuals, trusts, close corporations and companies.
• Preparation of budget; control of targets to ensure monthly targets are met.
• Ensure the latest statutory knowledge is applied and undergo any necessary training.
• Liaising and dealing with Clients, Supervisors and Partners on their expectations and requirements.
• Assess the needs of new clients.
• Allocate work to relevant staff members
• Provide staff with performance feedback
• Coach team members